It is normal to have times when you are feeling dissatisfied with life and unhappy, particularly when under stress or during stressful life events. However, if you have been struggling with these feelings for a significant period of time this may indicate that you might benefit from speaking with a mental health professional. Therapy offers a safe place to talk through life challenges and teaches the necessary skills to be able to cope with these challenges. Some indications that it’s time to seek services may include the following.
- Marked changes in personality, eating or sleeping patterns.
- Anxious, stressed or intrusive thoughts.
- Prolonged sadness or depression.
- Having suicidal thoughts.
- Finding it difficult to manage everyday life.
- Becoming withdrawn.
- Having flashbacks or nightmares after a traumatic event.
- Using alcohol, drugs, or other substances to numb emotional pain.
- Difficulty in relationships.
These feelings can be difficult to cope with but with proper treatment you can live a happy and fulfilling life.
Ever wonder if counseling would be helpful? Click HERE to find out.